Ahoo Tabatabai, Ph.D.
Ahoo Tabatabai is an assistant professor of Sociology, in the Department of Psychology and Sociology at Columbia College. She earned a PhD in Sociology and an MA in Women’s Studies from the University of Cincinnati, in Cincinnati, Ohio. Her areas of teaching and research expertise include family, gender and narratives of identity. More specifically, her interest centers on the negotiation of power in interaction. Her most recent article “Crafting Sexual Authenticity: Women’s Accounts of Relationships with Women and Men” will be published in the next issue of Narrative Inquiry. Her newest research project examines the motherhood narratives of women with partners in the military.
Courses that Dr. Tabatabai has taught at Columbia College
- General Sociology (and Honors General Sociology)(SOCI111)
- Family (SOCI214)
- Social Problems (SOCI216)
- Sociology of Gender (SOCI210)
- Special Topics (SOCI233)
- Minority Cultures and Relations (SOCI270)
- Women and Society (SOCI 310)
- Human Sexuality (SOCI385)
- Contemporary Social Theory (SOCI470)
- Integrative Seminar (SOCI495)
- Sociology Internship (SOCI499)
Contact Ahoo Tabatabai, Ph.D.
Office Location: STC 225A
Phone Number: (573) 875-7795
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org