Corrine Floyd received her Associate Degree of Nursing from Columbia College and is a licensed Registered Nurse. She received her Bachelor of Science in Nursing and Master of Science in Nursing, in Nursing Education from University of Central Missouri. She is enrolled in her final year of the Ph.D. in Nursing program at the University of Missouri-St. Louis College of Nursing.
Corrine has experience in medical surgical specialties, nurse educator/trainer for in-home medication administration, public district nurse, acute care and as a float nurse working in an array of modalities. She is currently researching moral distress and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) in registered nurses working in intensive care units and emergency departments.
Corrine came home to Columbia College as an alumnus working as a Senior Clinical Instructor and now as nurse faculty. Corrine has taught a mix of ASN, BSN, and RN to BSN Online courses. She provides lectures and interaction between Columbia and Lake of the Ozark campus via distance learning.
Corrine received the Distinguished Alumni Award from Columbia College in 2016.
Courses Corrine teaches at Columbia College:
- Introduction to Nursing (NURS 209)
- Fundamentals of Nursing (NURS 210)
- Pharmacology in Nursing (NURS 212)
- Medical Surgical Nursing I (NURS 301)
- Medical Surgical Nursing II (NURS 302)
- Health Assessment (NURS 313)
- Nursing Research and Evidence-based Practice (NURS 409)
- Community Health Nursing (NURS 410)
- Human Sexuality (NURS 414)
- Cultural Awareness in Nursing (NURS 415)
Contact Corrine Floyd
Office Location: FED 205
Phone Number: (573) 876-4458