General education, mathematics and science courses
The general education, mathematics and science courses may be taken as evening classes, day classes and/or online classes (if available).
General education nursing classes
||Introduction to Nursing (waiver is required and is subject to faculty approval)
Total general education, science and nursing credit hours = 41 hrs
- If you have no prior experience in basic nursing care (nursing assistant or technician), you will be required to pass NURS 209 before entering the nursing course sequence.
- If you have at least one year of basic nursing care experience in the health care environment, you may be able to test out of NURS 209. Please complete the Review of Basic Nursing Care Experience Form. Once completed, submit the form along with any certifications you have to the nursing department at Columbia College. This form will be reviewed, and you will be notified if you have been approved to attempt the test out. There is a fee to attempt the test out. View the full Testing Out Policy for NURS 209.
- Upcoming test out dates: Friday, April 17, 2020 (9 a.m. - 12 p.m.) at Columbia College main campus.
- Upcoming test out dates: Tuesday, July 9, 2019 (9 a.m. - 12 p.m.) at the Lake of the Ozarks location.
- If you are an LPN, NURS 209 will be waived; however, you will be required to take a Fundamentals HESI exam and pass with a 850 (national norm) to waive NURS 210 Fundamentals.
Nursing sequence courses
All nursing sequence courses must be taken in the order listed below. Each nursing course is offered twice a year. Nursing course sequence details.
Total nursing course credit hours = 36 hrs
Total program credit hours: 77 hrs