The Home Campus
Banks Hall. Completed in 1967, Banks houses 108 students
in double rooms. There are hall baths, special study rooms, and activity lounges on each
Bass Commons. Dedicated in 1978, the front campus area is a
park-like setting and location for the Ivy Chain ceremony.
Brown Hall. Constructed in 1995, this building houses the
studios for painting, design, ceramics, drawing, printmaking and photography, as well as
art faculty offices. General classrooms are also located here.
Buchanan Hall. Constructed in 1977 and named for
Genevieve Koontz Buchanan, this building provides general classrooms and houses the
administrative computer and information systems centers.
Cultural Arts Center. International art gallery
and educational center, located at 709 North Eighth Street.
Dorsey Hall. Attached to the east wing of St. Clair Hall by a second-level covered walkway, Dorsey Hall is
primarily a classroom building, completed in 1911. Dorsey Hall also houses the Jane
Froman studio, chapel, and classrooms. Dorsey Gym is used for receptions and
Dulany Hall. Built in 1965, Dulany Hall contains dining
facilities. It is also used as a multipurpose area for social functions and receptions,
and houses the Trustee Room and Cougar Room.
Gerard Pool. Connected to Dorsey Hall,
Gerard Pool is a heated swimming pool built in 1919 and renovated in 1995.
Hughes Hall. Built in a traditional English design in
1939, Hughes Hall houses 64 women in double-room suites. Kitchen facilities are located
on each floor and a formal parlor is on the main floor. The ground level houses the
Larson Gallery. Dedicated May 1996, Larson Gallery
is located on the first floor of Brown Hall. The gallery features
periodic exhibitions from the visual arts including works from practicing artists and
collections. It is free and open to the public.
Launer Auditorium and Student Center. Launer Auditorium,
built in 1903 and attached to St. Clair Hall by a covered
walkway, was renovated in 1992 and again in 1997. It seats over 500 for convocations and
artistic performances. The ground level houses the Wellness Center, the Student Center,
and associated student government and student services administrative offices.
Miller Hall. Completed in 1960, Miller Hall is the
largest residence hall, housing up to 154 students in double-room suites connected by
full baths. It contains kitchen facilities and houses the Residential Life offices.
Missouri Hall. Completed in 1920, Missouri Hall houses
the admissions, registration, transcripts and evaluation offices, the Center for
Academic Excellence, and rooms for short-stay guests of the College.
Robnett-Spence Laboratories and Health Center.
Built in 1969, Robnett-Spence houses the James Walton Science Laboratories and the
College's Health Center.
Security Office. The security office is located in the Cultural Arts Center, 709 North Eighth Street.
St. Clair Hall. The main administration building, St.
Clair was built in 1900 from pressed brick and Bedford stone in an Elizabethan style.
Most administrative offices and faculty offices are located on the first and second
floors. The third floor houses faculty offices, general classrooms and the College
Archive. Mail and duplicating services, the business office, and the financial aid
office are located on the garden level. Renovations in 1995 returned the parlor space to
its original use, and included the installation of new windows and doors, and painting
and re-carpeting of offices and hallways.
Southwell Complex Gymnasium. Dedicated in 1988, the
Southwell Gymnasium is home to the Columbia College Cougar basketball and volleyball
squads. Southwell houses locker rooms and the sports information coordinator's office.
Southy Building. Built in 1986, this building houses
athletic offices and the indoor fitness center.
Stafford Library. Completed in fall of 1989, the
J.W. and Lois Stafford Library houses all library collections and audiovisual materials.
The Curriculum Resource Center and one classroom are also located in this building.
Wightman Maintenance Building. This building houses the
maintenance, housekeeping and grounds departments.
Williams Hall. Purchased in 1851, Williams Hall is the
oldest college building in continuous use for educational purposes west of the
Mississippi River. Previously the music building, Williams Hall now houses business
administration faculty offices and general classrooms.