Scholarship Day is an interview and essay competition for new students to compete for institutional and endowed funds. The competition is on the dates below on the Columbia College campus in Columbia, Missouri — just a two-hour drive from either St. Louis or Kansas City.
Throughout the day, faculty, staff and students will be available to answer any questions you may have about the college and provide information about degree programs, student organizations, residential life and community activities.
We welcome and encourage parents to attend Scholarship Day. Sessions are planned to provide both students and parents with important information about Columbia College throughout the event.
Check-in for all events will begin at 8 am.
The Top 10 Awards
The Columbia College Scholarship is awarded to five students and is worth full tuition, room and board. The Presidential Scholarship is awarded to five students and is worth full tuition. The Transfer Scholarship is awarded to one student and is worth two years of tuition.
See what other scholarships are available with the Scholarship Finder.
Who is eligible to participate?
New freshman students with a minimum 26 ACT (1170 SAT) and 3.6 GPA who will be attending the traditional day campus are eligible to compete. New transfers students with at least 60 hours of college credit, a minimum cumulative 3.6 GPA in their college coursework, and who are members of Phi Theta Kappa are also eligible to compete.
If you are interested in attending Scholarship Day, you must be admitted and submit all application materials two weeks prior to the day you compete. This includes:
- Completed application for admission with $35 fee (fee waived if you applied prior to January 1st)
- High school transcript
- Any college transcripts (this includes dual credit)
- ACT or SAT scores
- Resume of high school, community and leadership activities
- Two letters of recommendation
Auditions will be held at the end of scholarship day for students interested in competing for music talent award scholarships. If you are interested in auditioning, please indicate interest on the RSVP form and we will schedule an audition time for you.
Please use the information below to prepare for your audition:
- Choral/Vocal Track: Vocalists should come with two contest-type solos prepared. You will want to choose music which will demonstrate your tonal capacities and technique. The music need not be memorized. You may bring your own accompanist, or we will provide one.
- Piano/Accompanying Track: Pianists should be prepared to perform two and preferably three contrasting pieces, two of which should be memorized. These pieces should be from the Baroque, Classical, Romantic, or 20th Century periods. You will be asked to sight-read at the end of the audition.
How to register
To RSVP for this event, click on one of the dates above. Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns scheduling your visit to CC!