December 2013 Events
Residence halls on main campus reopen
Classes resume for Day, Evening campuses and main campus Graduate program
Evening Campus open house
Lake of the Ozarks alumni holiday party
Last day of Day Campus classes
Holiday Lighting ceremony and reception
Mon. 9-Thu. 12
Day Campus final exams
Nearing Certification Celebration on main campus
Last day of MW Evening Campus classes
Last day of TTh Evening Campus and Graduate classes
Alumni holiday cocktail reception on main campus
Winter class break for Day Campus begins
Main campus commencement
Nurses' Pinning Ceremony
Last day of Nationwide and Online campuses classes
Mon. 23-Wed. 25
Winter break for Nationwide and Online campuses
Mon. 23-Wed. 25
All college offices closed
Sat. 28-Sun. 29
Cougars vs. Cancer Basketball Classic
In this issue
- Celebrating Veterans Day - in photos
A photo gallery of main campus's remembrance ceremonies.
- Holiday Lighting ceremony is campus tradition
The annual winter event for faculty, staff and students will occur Dec. 6.
- An update on the presidential search
The college has identified three finalists.
- Terry Obermoeller retiring after 38 years
People took to social media to recognize the director of advising.
- Alumni playing cards now available for purchase
The cards features college alumni, traditions, sports and other notables.
- Have you been checking your campus's Compass page?
Don't forget - there is a blog dedicated just for your campus!
- Understanding Creative Services
What's the process of completing a project? How long will it take?
- Evening Campus offering Saturday and hybrid courses
Implemented after student requests, these courses require in-seat visits only once per week.
- Emerging Leaders Institute students present ideas
Students presented Vision Projects for local and global change.
- Introducing "Ask PR"
Do you have a question about the college? Let PR find the answer for you.
- Team wins second at Minute to Win It BIG competition
Columbia College sponsors Big Brothers, Big Sisters, which hosted the event.
- Student Employee of the Month
Congratulations to Kevin Graham in Public Relations.