October 2013 Events
GENEXT Open Forum
Fri. 4-Sat. 5
Family Day & Homecoming - all are welcome!
Nationwide and Online August session ends
Ft. Leonard Wood campus commencement
Schiffman Lecture in Religious Studies - "Courage to Seek, Courage to Give: Odyssey of a Buddhist Nun"
Monday/Wednesday classes end - Evening Campus
Classes end - Tuesday/Thursday Evening Campus, Graduate
Midterm; classes that meet during first 8 weeks end - Day Campus
Springfield campus commencement
Salt Lake City campus commencement
Classes that meet during second 8 weeks begin - Day Campus
Graduate classes begin - Main campus
Grades entered by noon
Fall break; no Day classes
Last day to add classes - Graduate, Day classes that meet during second 8 weeks
Last day to drop classes that meet during second 8 weeks - Day Campus
Classes begin - Monday/Wednesday Evening Campus, Nationwide, Online
Last day to drop course without academic record and financial liability - Graduate
Tuesday/Thursday classes begin - Evening Campus
Last day to add undergraduate classes - Online Campus
Last day to add in-seat classes - Evening, Nationwide Campuses
Last day to drop a course without academic record and financial liability - Evening, Nationwide Campuses
Halloween Carnival - Main campus
In this issue
- New fund created to provide grants to faculty and staff
Employees can submit a proposal for the Strategic Initiative Fund.
- Brouder Science Center celebrated at dedication event
The campus community gathered to commemorate the new building.
- College to endow scholarship in honor of Col. Randerson
As the vice president for AHE prepares to retire, the college begins fundraising to endow the scholarship.
- New concert series brings classical music to campus
The President's Chamber Music Series includes four concerts this year.
- Zombies introduce LEAN initiative to Columbia College
A kickoff event helped teach institutional effectiveness.
- Join the fun on Family Day & Homecoming
Activities will take place on Oct. 4 and 5.
- Marketing department is all about Going for Greater
Learn how the college reaches target audiences.
- Science building plaza named for faculty and staff
The name signifies the impact employee philanthropy has on the college.
- Grant provides opportunities for military family members
Previously only available to spouses, the grant now includes dependents.
- In the News digest comes to mailboxes weekly
Check your email each Monday to read about Columbia College.