Strategic Initiative Fund to review first round of proposalsSubmissions for the fund will be reviewed Nov. 7.
Submissions for the Strategic Initiative Fund, an internal grant-funding source that supports college values, will be reviewed on Nov. 7. If you would like your idea to be evaluated in this first round of reviews, please submit a proposal by then. Submissions that arrive after the first round will be reviewed at a later time.
As a reminder, the Strategic Initiative Fund was created as a way to invest in the college’s future. The vision of the fund is to provide college resources for projects that are designed to advance the institution in cutting-edge ways.
Faculty and staff members are invited to develop a strategic initiative. Any employee may propose a project for funding. The proposal must be limited to three typed pages and include the following:
- Abstract (200-word limit)
- Institutional need that project will meet
- Project description
- Personnel resources required
- Non-personnel resources required
- Budget (must be at least $50,000)
- External leveraging necessary, if any (e.g. grant or gift)
- How this project would support the college's mission and values
- Intellectual property agreement (the agreement is available from the Screening Committee Chair and must be completed before project can be considered).
Submit your proposals to Dr. Wiegenstein. Any additional feedback on the Strategic Initiative Fund can be directed to Dr. Smith.