Searching for a new leader
After a comprehensive process, the college will announce the next president in February 2014.
Columbia College has partnered with Academic Search, a firm that helps higher education institutions identify leadership candidates. A dedicated search committee that first met in early May will continue to meet to review applications, choose candidates for interviews, identify finalists and ultimately work with the Columbia College Board of Trustees to name a president. The college anticipates the arrival of a new president no later than July 2014.
The search committee will hold a meeting Sept. 10, applications are due Oct. 1, and interviews will be held in November. Finalists will be brought to campus in the later part of January. The board will name the new president in mid-February.
With its mission and aspirations, Columbia College will be best served by a candidate who possesses a set of matching values, competencies and abilities.
To maintain the college as a model institution and lead it to new levels of success, the college desires a president who:
• Has substantial executive-level administrative leadership.
• Has an earned doctorate, terminal degree or the equivalent.
• Has a history of innovation and a demonstrated record of leadership in the management of a dynamic and complex organization.
• Is steadfast about academic excellence, committed to transparency and shared governance and who will engage at the ground-level.
• Demonstrates an ability to develop long-term allies and partnerships.
• Can manage the financial resources of a complex organization in times of both strong and challenging financial climates.
• Recognizes student learning as the primary basis for decision making.
This is truly an exciting time at Columbia College. For detailed information about Columbia College and the search, visit the presidential profile.