Skip to main content

Search Bar Icon Close Menu

Registration frequently asked questions

What does it mean if I am timed out?

After a period of inactivity, you will be automatically logged out for your security, as screens interface with private academic records. If you are timed out, you will receive a message prompting you to log in again.

Return to top

Where do I get my books?

Consult your course syllabus, learning venue or the bookstore.

Return to top

I registered through CougarTrack and was told that I must make payment arrangements in order to complete the process. What do I do?

This message means you do not have enough financial aid to cover your expenses. You must set up a payment plan to proceed. Click on the ePayment link to proceed, otherwise your registration will not be saved.

Return to top

Why do I get a message about payment plans if I have full financial aid?

Some financial aid is available only when a student is registered full time. Full-time status is 6 credit hours per 8-week term or 12 credit hours per 16-week term.

Pell Grants are prorated based on half time, three-fourth time or full time. If total registered hours are less than full time, the aid may be computed at a lower amount. For example, if you register for 3 credit hours in an 8-week session, only half of a Pell Grant will be included in your payment plan.

Traditional students with institutional aid who wish to register part time initially will be required to set up a payment plan for part-time enrollment until they register full time.

Financial aid that is estimated or pending is not included in the calculation.

Return to top

Why did I receive a Registration Failure message stating I was not registered?

You must be paid in full or complete a payment plan to register. Making a partial payment without completing a payment plan does not allow you to register.

Return to top

I tried to drop/withdraw from my class. Why did I receive a message saying this option isn’t currently available?

You may drop classes in CougarTrack through the Registration link under Academics in the main menu. The drop period normally ends on the first business day of the second week of classes. After the drop period has ended, you may submit a Course Withdrawal Form, also found under Registration in CougarTrack. Course Withdrawal Forms are processed manually during regular business hours and must be submitted within the first six weeks of class.

Return to top

I received a message telling me the course name puts the student in overload and a petition is required. What is a petition?

You will need to petition and seek approval to exceed a maximum number of credits per term. Read our academic load policy. Contact your advisor or venue for approval.

Return to top

Why did I receive a message saying that an instructor’s signature is required?

Courses require permission from the instruction prior to registration. Contact the instructor to have the permission entered.

Return to top

I tried to drop all of my classes and received a message saying that this cannot be completed. What do I do?

Traditional students must contact Student Affairs to begin the withdrawal process. All other students should contact the Enrollment Service Center.

Return to top

I tried to register for an undergraduate class but received a message saying my academic level does not match the course. Can I still take it?

If you have been admitted for a graduate program, you may still take an undergraduate course. The message is a warning that the course does not match your academic level. Be sure the status says “registered.”

Return to top

What do I do when I get a different type of failure message?

Failure messages are specific to issues. Most messages will prompt you to take an action or will tell you which office to contact. However, if you do not understand a failure message, make a note of it and contact the Enrollment Service Center at (800) 231-2391 extension 7252 or (573) 875-7252.

I am having trouble. Who do I contact?

Traditional students having trouble registering should contact the Enrollment Service Center at (800) 231-2391 ext. 7252.

All other students should contact the Office of the Regisrar at (800) 231-2391 ext. 7526.

For questions about payment issues, contact the Enrollment Service Center at (800) 231-2391 ext. 7252.

For help logging in or password or User ID issues, contact the Help Desk at (800) 231-2391 ext. 7369 or see Login Assistance.

Return to top


Apply now